Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Unbelievable!

I can't get a grip on the fact that it's almost August already.

Oh wait, it IS August, isn't it? Good gravy gracious, where has this year gone?

So much continues to happen, both personally and professionally. I won't get into the personal stuff. It's boring anyway, but the professional, well, that's something to share.

Shadows still cools its heels in the slush pile of a really awesome agent, and hoping to hear back sometime soon. Thank goodness for so many other projects that keep me busy so I don't spend too much time thinking about it. Wait, was that the phone? Oh, no, just my imagination!

Working in Whispers at the Grande with Shannon, Triston and Gary are doing their thing, and making me work for their story. They've been so angry and jealous of all the attention Leonardo and Rachel have had that now they are being stubborn and difficult. But that's ok, because Shannon's love is the prize and both Triston and Gary have stakes in the playing field, so they won't be able to hold out for long before they stop pouting and allow me to get their story out.

Speaking of which, it is in consideration to self-publish Whispers, so you may see it even before you see Shadows. All depends on how things play out. But I've been building a FB author page and working on my website. It's all fun stuff!

I've also been very busy with my editing day job. With three full novels, two short story compilations and one short story in the past two months, most of my time has been spent helping other authors making their work shine and shimmer. No complaints though, because, man, it is FUN. So many great projects out there, and I get to see them first. Kind of a reader's dream come true, you know?

Oh, and that's right. I've been promising some votes on my favorite movies of this summer. Okay, here goes:
Safe Haven
Beautiful Creatures
The Host
and just because it's my favorite movie of all time: Pride and Prejudice.

I know I've seen more than that, but goodness, right now I can't think of them. I'll have to get back to you.

And I'm also looking at doing a couple of author spotlights. I'll get back to you on that too :)

'Til next time, enjoy your summer :)





No comments:

Post a Comment