Sunday, August 25, 2013

Adventures in Editing (and other things)

On case you didn't already know, TJ Loveless and I began Cliffhanger Editing a couple of months back. When we began the company, we also started a Facebook page for tips and information. It has been a crazy busy experience, and one that I've had a ball with. I've been able to meet so many wonderful people, and giving out tips on how to edit their material and prepare it for publication has been rewarding beyond words. To take the experience that I've gained as an editor, and to share the trials by fire I've gone through as I venture through trying to become published, and share it all with other aspiring authors, is not anything I'd ever thought I'd find myself doing, but am so incredibly thrilled that I am. It's a jungle out there in this world of writing, but maybe us writers can all make it a little less so by banding together and finding the way to the light!

In the meantime, Shannon has begun monopolizing my time with Whispers at the Grande, my contemporary romance. I'm still completely committed to seeing the second two novels in the Shadows trilogy completed and published (and the first one is still out there in the trenches), but finding the time to sit and create something new for a moment has been wonderful.

Oh! And I've seen some great movies. The Call with Halle Berry is unbelievably good. If you haven't seen it, like a good thriller, and want to sit on the edge of your seat for a couple of hours,run, don't walk, to your nearest Redbox and SEE this movie. WARNING: If you have kids, you may want to hold them just a little closer after seeing it. I know I did. Another good one was Dead Man Down. Lots of action, a little bit of a strange love story, with some revenge thrown in. Kind of a guy flick, but I still really enjoyed it.

That's it for me for now. Back to writing, back to editing, and hey, catch me on FB or Twitter. I'm nearly always around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment