Monday, May 21, 2012

Positive review

I recently had a beta reader look at Shadows, and I couldn't believe her response.  It was so positive that it honestly and truly blew me away.  Here are some of her comments:

"Oh my goodness!  I am sitting on the edge of my seat...and now cursing that I have to wait for more!"


"Your characters are very easy to empathize with, feel for.  In my way of thinking, that makes for a great book."

"The story, the way it plays out, is fantastic.  It held my attention, pulled me in emotionally."

She also compared me to Stephen King, which I find absolutely insane (but in a nice way).  I don't read King anymore, though I did when I was younger.  But that's beside the point.  To be compared to someone of his caliber is just ... awesome.  

Of course, there were some suggestions for changes that she made, and I am taking them to heart.  In fact, the next few nights are going to be a frenzy of reading and typing once I get the kids to bed, because there is a something on Thursday that I'm trying to be prepared for and it requires that the entire manuscript be ready to go.  

But to have this kind of feedback (and believe me, I didn't doctor any of the comments above - simply cut and paste), is tremendous.  I only can hope that I can find an agent that will feel the same passion for the characters.  

Will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment